Distance Muscle Testing
Instructions: On what you can send us for testing
Personal Photograph (Required):
We need a photograph of you (your face), with your eyes closed. You do not need to do anything special with this photograph, but it should be taken in a place where you normally spend time, and a time where you feel normal or a bit on the not wonderful side. Don’t take photographs after acute illness or injury (while you’re sick), but if you’re feeling not your absolute best, this might help us hone in problems flaring up during such times. On the other hand, don’t take your photograph directly after twelve hours of consecutive healing sessions, or while on a trip to a place you normally don’t spend time, or directly after exercising. These will all bias our results.
Photographs Of Other Variables
- All Variables Are Optional: We will do fine testing you without anything. But the more information we have, the better. If sending variables for testing doesn’t sound exciting to you, don’t spend more time than you have to with the items below. For instance, if you don’t send photos of foods you are eating, but then our testing shows that foods were an issue, we can request you send some at a later time so we can get to the bottom of what’s going on. This would simply lead to a delay, not us missing something.
- Labeling By Renaming Files: Best practice is to label all photographs with a title and description by renaming the files. Examples: “scar site – injury from BB gun when I was 13;” “bottom floor bedroom – potential mold issue in the wall facing the bathroom;” “bluetooth headphones, cell phones, and computer – my top sources of EMF exposure day to day;” etc.
- Alternative To Renaming Photograph Files: Include a written note of what is in the photograph within the photograph, or before subsequent photographs. So, you could photograph the note “photographs of my environment,” and then include a series of photographs from the environment you want tested. Or, you could write, “Thorne Vit D/K2 – 3 drops 2x/day” on a note, and include that in the photograph.
- No Nudity: Do not send photographs with any nudity; you can label an area as having a certain type of issue underneath the clothing and we will be able to test it in spite of the clothing.
- Minimize Variables: Try not to have other people nearby while you are taking photographs. Avoid having animals around.
- Using Your Cell Phone: Turn your bluetooth, WiFi, and cell phone connection off if you are taking photographs with a phone.
What you can send
- Foods: Send us foods you eat regularly. Send us photographs of your meals that you actually eat, and of individual foods in your kitchen or in your life. Send us as much as possible; it is imperative that we assess whether your foods you eat are good for you. Do not cheat and send what you believe to be the better foods out of what you eat; send us the things you actually eat, including the cheat food. Believe me, you will not be judged.
- Supplements: You should send photographs of everything you are currently taking, and any other products you want us to test (either because you are curious about them, or because you have bottles lying around you wonder if they would be helpful). Photograph the exact dose you take with the bottle it comes from in the background (if you are not taking it, photograph one pill or one standard dose). For liquids, places the amount you take on a spoon or on a plate.
- Your Environment: Photograph each corner of all rooms you want tested from the opposite corner. For local environments, take lots of photographs in each direction. It is okay to send too many photographs; we are able to quickly scan to see which ones cause a strong response. Photograph specific things in the environment you want tested (WiFi router, cell phone, area with black mold) up close.
- Devices: Send a photograph of your phone using a mirror for testing. Have the hpone in the mode you normally use it (ie, WiFi on, Bluetooth on, cellular on, etc.). You can send photographs of smart devices, tablets, computers, CGMs, etc. Make sure these devices are on.
- Dental: All clients should include a photograph of their tongue, upper palate with mouth wide open including all teeth, lower teeth, and the mouth with your mouth closed.
- Areas of injury, pain, inflammation, etc: You can send photographs of any area that is in pain. Feel free to label the photograph with a description of the symptom.
- All Scars: It is imparative to send photographs of all scars you feel comfortable sending.
- Other Body Areas: Tattoos, piercings, areas of skin irritation
- Other: Feel free to send us anything else you want us to test. After a few rounds of testing, we may ask for more advanced type of intakes, such as writings or drawings of emotionally significant issues on one end, or 24 hour audio recordings to assess your response to your entire day on a time line with the ability to find which segments were the most beneficial or problematic. But you don’t have to worry about this now.
- All Photographs Are Optional